There’s nothing like hardwood flooring. However, many people do choose cork flooring for the fact that it is a renewable resource and doesn’t deplete the forests. For the uninitiated, cork is harvested from the bark of cork oak tree. Cork is then ground up and compressed to get the flooring products in form of sheets, which are usually bonded with resins. If you check for cork flooring range in Melbourne, you will find quite a few options, but before taking the final call, below are some of the aspects that you need to know.
- If the final feel of the flooring is your concern, nothing feels better than cork. It has a cushiony feel that stands out as compared to hardwood and vinyl. This makes it an ideal choice for rooms where you would be standing for longer periods of time, such as your kitchen. If you have kids at home, you don’t have to worry about their play sessions either.
- With numerous tiny air-filled chambers, cork works like a good insulator. It doesn’t produce the noise that you would otherwise associate with hardwood flooring. Expectedly, you will also save on your energy bills in all seasons, and your HVAC system will work optimally as you would want.
- Just like hardwoods, you can revamp the look of cork flooring after a point. Staining is easy, and professionals can get in done in a short span. To seal the finish, additional products can be applied to the surface. You can redo the look as many times as you want, as long as the material is thick enough.
- Cork flooring repels dust and pet hair, so if you have people at home suffering from allergies, this is an ideal choice. This kind of flooring also works wonders for maintaining the indoor air quality.
- Finally, installation is easy, and there are no concerns with regards to maintenance. Cork is a renewable resource, and therefore you can avoid the planet-related concerns.
The only downside of cork is its softness. It is not ideal for every home, especially the ones that have extensive bulk furniture collections. The damage to cork flooring is often evident easily, and if you like a pristine look for your home, you might have to go for other options, such as wood.
Check online now to find more on cork flooring suppliers near you!